Item #: ifa-stingray
Stingray Metal Beach Art
Situated along a dirt road deep in Daufuskie's maritime forest, this gallery is a treasured local landmark. Visitors will find a yard filled with handmade metal sculptures and a historic Gullah constructed house covered in classically painted iron fish sculptures. More often than not, they'll also find the self-taught artist himself, hammering, cutting, forging, and welding under the shade of a moss-draped oak.
These sculptures are all original and are available in different sizes...or as a collection of three (one in each size.) Each sculpture is carefully oxidized, hand-forged, welded, and shaped using traditional blacksmithing and self-taught methods often using handcrafted tools. You will notice that each piece has a unique vintage finish that took the artist years to develop.
- Small Sculpture approximate size: 17" x 24" x 2"H
- Medium Sculpture approximate size: 20" x 27" x 2-3"H
- Large Sculpture approximate size: 24" x 31" x 3-4"H
- X-Large Sculpture approximate size: 36" x 43"
- XX-Large Sculpture approximate size: 48" x 55"
- School of stingrays includes 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large.
Made for you in 3-4 weeks
Custom made for you. Not eligible for return or exchange. Please view our return policy for more information. Ships UPS ground.